NAME THAT MYSTERY [iPOD] MEAT!
The idea is this...I crank-up my iPod Shuffle and write the opening lyrics to the first ten morsels of iPod meat that come screaming from the ear buds.
You, gentle readers, must correctly guess each song and its artist.
And, oh yeah...you are NOT allowed to Google.
Whoever guesses the most songs correctly will win a valuable prize. Bear in mind, however, that winning a prize and actually collecting it are two very different things.
And so, without further ado...let's play "Name That Mystery [iPod] Meat!"
1. [Oh, dammit! Wouldn't you know it! The first song was "Pressure Cooker" by Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown. It's an instrumental. Let's try again.]
1. Come stumble my mirth beaten worker/I'm Jezmund the family berzerker.
2. In the mist of sassafrass/Many things will come to pass.
3. Well, I'm standing next to a mountain/And I'll chop it down with the edge of my hand.
[Caffe Franje guessed "Voodoo Chile" by Jimi Hendrix. Technically, that's not correct. "Voodoo Chile" is a different song on the same album (Electric Ladyland). The song whose lyrics I quote above is actually "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)." But...since I made the same mistake for nearly twenty years, I'll give Franje credit for this one.]
4. Crimson flames tied through my ears/Rollin' high and mighty traps.
5. When the truth is found to be lies/And all the joy within you dies. [Kudos to The Big Finn (TBF) for correctly guessing "Somebody to Love" by Jefferson Airplane!]
6. When I move, I'm feeling alright/Bing, bing, bang and I'm ready to go.
[If anyone guesses this, then I'll personally fly to their house and eat the insole of their most smelly pair of shoes. And I'll eat it without ketchup.]
[Oh damn! Harsh correctly guessed "No One's Lazy in LazyTown" by Sportacus. I sure hope that Harsh has small feet.]
7. It's been such a long time/ I think I should be goin'.
[If anyone DOESN'T guess this, then they must eat the insole of my two year old running shoes.]
[TBF strikes again, by correctly guessing "Foreplay/Long Time" by Boston! Guess I'll have to let Jasemine eat those shoes.]
8. When I get off of this mountain/You know where I wanna go.
[Lady Di's main squeeze, Gert, correctly guessed "Up on Cripple Creek" by The Band. Lady Di remains unamused.]
9. A cheap holiday in other people's misery!
[TBF shows is punker roots by correctly guessing "Holidays in the Sun" by The Sex Pistols!]
10. Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup.
[Euro-Trac emerges from her hermetically-sealed cocoon in France and correctly guesses "Across the Universe" by that band that need not be mentioned.]
Let's synchronize our watches, shall we? Today is August 24. You have a week to complete this mission.
Good luck, 007...and God's speed.