Thursday, June 30, 2005

AN EVENING IN THE DOGHOUSE.



I’ve just returned from a business trip to London, where I attended a meeting of my employer’s western Europe sales team. One of our post-meeting, extracurricular events was a trip to the greyhound racing track in Reading.

And while I have nothing but respect for this noble canine breed, I did notice something unsettling during the course of that evening: The people milling about greyhound race tracks appear to be the same people milling about Greyhound bus terminals.
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to love the dogs! Haven't been to a track for some time though... probably about the same time I quit hanging around bus terminals. :-)

In the "old" days the dogs were being bred to run faster and faster, until one day they suddenly passed the rabbit! I was at the track when it happened once and you've never seen such confused dogs!

I still see lots of greyhounds - they've all been "rescued" and forced to wear the silliest sweaters ever - I'm not sure that was much of a rescue!

~ B

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Hey CuFo:

Better still...I'd love to see the rabbit fly off the rail and into the lap of some woman sitting in the stands.

But on to other topics. There are a number of rescued greyhounds in my town. I once saw a guy driving down the street with his left arm out the window...holding a lease...attached to a trotting greyhound.

For the sake of humanity, let's hope this stupid bastard has low sperm count.

Sal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home