Saturday, July 02, 2005

HELPFUL TIPS NON-JOGGERS.

Tip #1:

If you are driving lost through a town with which you are not familiar, ask directions from one of the 3,000 retired guys sitting on benches doing nothing. Don’t ask the one young guy who is wearing a Sony Walkman and appears to be jogging. If he wanted to stand around and chat, he would’ve stayed home and called his mother.

* * * * * * * * *

[By the way…this has happened to me four times during the past three months. Next time, I’m not going to give directions. I’m going to say, “Follow me!”…then start jogging down the road again.]

3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny - the opposite generally happens to me. I'm tall and very non Spanish looking (besides living in a tourist town) so generally I will not be asked for directions or anything else. Or if so, in an excrutiating form of English by Spaniards... or sometimes (it had to be) an even worse form of Spanish by English people (who clearly hadn't read the first bit). I usually don't understand much of it and prefer to send them 'that way' (points vaguely).
Some of the English are under the impression that we are on an island ('Majorca', perhaps) and wonder if they can safely drive round it. I always tell them to pack a good lunch.
I received a postcard the other day from one such English family. The card was posted from Murmansk.
Unfortunately, I couldn't understand it.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Hello Mr. Anonymous:

You've forgotten to tell the readers how this English family ended up in Murmansk.

C'mon, admit it! They asked you for directions to Murcia, didn't they.

Sal

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sal - it was me.. I forgit to press de nob.
rgd Lenox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home