Saturday, July 23, 2005

AN OPEN LETTER TO MY FINNISH READERS.


I was walking down Paseo Castellano in Madrid last Thursday, when I noticed the bar pictured above.

Now, I have no idea what a “Sauna Bar” is, but I resisted the urge to go in and investigate for fear that my father-in-law might be walking by when exited.

I’m therefore hoping that one of my Finnish readers (Jussi? Hanna?) might shed some light on this mystery.

Call me cynical, but I strongly suspect that the only sweaty, towel-wrapped bodies to be found in this bar are those of the waitresses.

4 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a massage parlor, that is, a whorehouse.

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A massage parlor is a dangerous place, Sal. Maybe I should go in first and check it out for you, just to be safe. I'll get back to you in, say, 3 days?

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franje, the best idea is that his father in law goes first and see what is going on inside.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

I had assumed that the streets of Madrid have been unusually empty because of July/August vacations.

I'm beginning to suspect, however, that everyone is in the Sauna Bar.

Everyone, that is, except me.

Sal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home