Wednesday, July 20, 2005

AN OPEN LETTER TO CULINARY FOOL.

Dear C.F.:

Please be advised that I've changed my "Profile" photo as a result of your taunting. Look to the upper-right to see what I'm talking about.

This is as close to a smile as you're likely to see etched across my aging, emaciated face. You should feel proud. You've achieved what many have attempted and all have failed--except for that Armenian fishmonger with the red mullet wedged into his left ear...but that's another story altogether.

And yes...I AM wearing a pink shirt.

Sincerely,
Sal

3 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

How did I miss this?!?!? My very own post - no matter what the subject! :-) And I even noticed the new photo the other day.

As for the smile. It's better - you can see the upturn at the corners and some nice little laugh lines just hoping to burst forth. I think we still can do a little better though...

Or, how about this? Have your daughter kick you in the shins, while your wife snaps a photo - I'm sure the grimace will look enough like a smile to pass.

Looooove the pink shirt - there are two types of men who can carry that off well. Apparently you are one or the other.

~ B

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

How did you miss this? I was wondering the same thing.

Your idea about my getting kicked in the shins is interesting. However, whenever I think "grimace"...I think "Howard Dean." I'm not sure if that's the look I'm going for.

Pink shirt? Yeah! Sonny Crocket...gone but not forgotten.

BTW...tell me about your new job sometime, although not necessarily on this public forum.

Cheers, Fool!
Sal

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Email coming soon...

~ B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home