Wednesday, January 04, 2006

FROM AMERICA’S DAIRLYLAND...THE ORIGINAL COW PIE!


Ladies and gentlemen, meet “The Original Cow Pie!”

The Original Cow Pie is Wisconsin’s finest export since “Laverne and Shirley.” It’s a heavy-duty hunka mind-blowing confection—and one that I don’t recommend eating within an hour of jogging (which, unfortunately, is exactly what I did this morning).

But what is “The Original Cow Pie?” From the box, I quote:

“Rich Chocolate.”
“Creamy Caramel.”
“Fresh Pecans.”
“Featuring Wisconsin Milk & Butter.”
“From America’s Dairyland.”


In other words, it’s like a candy Turtle on steriods. And man-oh-man! Is it GOOD!

Yep...in India, they cook on cow pies. In Wisconsin (and now, Spain), they eat them.

Now, you’re probably asking yourself, “Are Cow Pies really sold in Spain?”

Nope...they aren’t. I received three of these babies in the mail this morning from my good friend (and good samaritan) Lisa—Wisconsin’s finest citizen since...since...“Laverne and Shirley.”

Gracias, Lisa! I don’t think I’ll need any Conguitos this week.

8 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Oh...let's just say that there's no need to hide or share them anymore.

So, how about the weather we're having...

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger christina said...

146 lbs. and counting...

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger G.C. PHILO said...

That name reminds me of this chicken shack we had back in my neighborhood in Philly.... Cluck-U-Chicken.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MILLS! I didn't know you knew about these things! I dunno Sal, I adore Spanish chocolate with crusty bread. I think God keeps a supply of both in his pantry... Spanish almonds... Spanish pastries... Spanish ice cream... ::sigh::

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

GC:

One of my old law school classmates told me there's a famous liquor store in Beaver, PA. You can probably figure out the rest on your own.

Sal

PS: I doubt it's true, since PA only sells booze in state-run stores. Still, it was a clever urban legend.

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of mine living in Texas sent me some of those cow pies for Christmas. We don't have anything similar to that in Belgium. OH MY GOD they are sooooo scrumptious!!!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Hey Tine:

Forget about Cow Pies. Did you take those photos on your blog?!

You, my friend, are going straight to my sidebar.

Sal

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Sal, they are all taken by me :-) and I couldn't resist eating one of those cow pies just a minute ago ;-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home