Monday, May 01, 2006

CALLING ALL FLAT STANLEY TOUR GUIDES!

Photo: Flat Stanley on the Hash.

It seems that the whole Flat Stanley thing has struck a chord with some of you. And smelling blood, my sister left the following oh-so-subtle comment to the previous post:

"Sal's little sister in Chicago has a third grade class of 25 students who will be sending out their "Flat Bodies" in two weeks. Any volunteers to receive one???"

"Flat Bodies" are the same concept as Flat Stanley, except that it is a life-sized tracing, coloring and cut-out of the student himself.

So...if anyone wants to be the temporay tourguide for a Flat Body from my sister's third-grade class, then just send your mailing address to my personal email address (virtualtapasbar@yahoo.com).

I will forward it on to my sister (and no one else), and she will assign one of her students to you.

Who says the world isn't Flat?

8 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Send one to me ... :)

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I'd say "sign me up," but Indiana is pretty lame-o. :) Especially to people in Chicago.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Angie said...

By the way, I'm coming to visit you, sort of. Details at OTR...

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Tracie P. said...

i was a teacher for 4 years. i had heard of flat stanley, but never this project--cute! i'll have to get my address (i don't know it. i know, even kindergarteners know their addresses.)

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Mrs. TBF said...

She can send one to us too...and by the way...we also want to visit you!!! In fact, Andy (the Absinthe drinking neighbor) and Mrs Andy said they would not want to be "absinthe" from that visit. TBF needs to post our pre-Easter dinner with them at which the infamous green fairy came out again.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Mrs. TBF:

La familia Big Finn is always welcome in my slice of Spain. All I need is 24 hours notice to stock-up on whatever Andy wants to drink (and, perhaps, a bottle of Ibuprofen).

I had no idea that the green fairy stomped your neighbor's head so recently. That is one TBF post we're all dying to see.

Thanks for doing you part to spread Swiss culture throughout the West Chicago School System.

Sal (5 parts water: 1 part that other stuff)

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, it's the Wheaton-Warrenville School system. Shows how much you know about your sister!

Thanks to everyone who volunteered. The stomach flu has kept me away from work the past three days, but Flat Bodies will be in the mail this weekend!! We are so excited!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Am I too late to sign up? Sending you my address, just incase I still get in on the action. Sounds like fun!

Cyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home