Thursday, September 29, 2005

MR. OKTOBER.


Regular readers of this blog—and in particular, its Comments section—should be familiar with my Viking friend “Anders” from Copenhagen. Well…now you know what he looks like.

Here we see Anders on a “business trip” at Munich’s Oktoberfest earlier this week.

Anders and I are alike in one respect: we each weigh approximately 145 lbs. Yet at the time that the above photo was taken, he had inhaled four liters of German-brewed Paulaner® beer and an untold quantity of pig parts. And then, he drank ANOTHER three liters before being air-lifted to his hotel room at 4am.

Have you ever weighed seven liters of beer? Well, I have…and it weighs 144 lbs.

Some men are destined for greatness. Others for detox. Anders my friend, have a great detox!

5 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Angie said...

hahaha...

I only weigh approximately 20 pounds less than you and Anders, but it takes just two beers and I'm drunk. So don't let Anders' prowess get you down, Sal -- you could drink me under the table any day! (for what it's worth!)

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Angie said...

fyi, that's you or Anders, not the two of you combined. i.e., I don't weigh 270 lbs. ;-) In case there's any confusion there.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Lisa: Anders may indeed be after your liver. I doubt that his will surviver Oktoberfest 2006.

Angie: That's funny. If you and I teamed up against Anders (i.e., 2 against 1), we'd still lose a drink-for-drink battle. Lose badly, in fact. I can assure you than I'd never survive a 7 liter evening....or a three liter one. In fact, I'm pretty sure that my chin would be on the table after the first liter. There must be something special in the Viking genome. BTW...nice to have you back. Stop working so hard.

Sal

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Re: your secret, posted in my comments section -- CAN'T WAIT! :)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Earlier this year, I eagerly watched CNN for any hint of white smoke from the Vatican. With similar anticipation, I've been watching your blog for BBQ-scented smoke... but so far, nothing... ;) I do hope the bomberos didn't have to be called.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home