Saturday, September 25, 2004

AGENTS SCULLY AND MULDER, I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE THIS.



If an alien spacecraft should land in my neighborhood, I’ll know who to blame: The guy in the house pictured above!

Just look at those antennae! What is he doing with them?

Watching “Good Morning Sri Lanka” on TV?

Making telephone calls to his mother…beyond the grave?

Enticing whales off the coast of Chile to beach themselves?

I’d love to ask him, but I’m afraid. His house is surrounded by an iron security fence, wired with surveillance cameras and alarm systems, and guarded by very buff Rottweiller. Plus, he has a plaque bolted next to his mailbox that says, “The Godfather.” If you think I’m kidding, then buy a plane ticket and come see for yourself.

In the meantime, I’ll just keep hoping that he’ll decide to move to Lichtenstein soon…and sell his house to a nice Amish family.
Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Joe Miner said...

Ciao!

He he, They are amateur radio antennas. There is a big 2 element 20meter beam, a log-periodic beam (the one that looks like an overgrown TV antenna), a trap dipole for 80/40meters (the wires leading off to the left).

Leo

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leo: You're another alien. Good luck on our Planet!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Leo! Ciao, cugino mio!

Welcome to my Virtual Tapas Bar. I can now proudly say that I have a reader in Italy.

So...those are radio antennae? That sounds harmless. Perhaps I won't notify NASA after all.

You seem quite knowlegable on this topic. I'll bet that my neighbor (in the photo above) would get even better reception if he were to mount his log-periodic beam antenna on top of a trullo. :-)

Ines says "Ciao." Give our love to the family.

Sal

PS: Comment for Mr. Anonymous. I can confirm that Leo is NOT a space alien. But if he were, then Ines and I would be aliens too...because we are all cousins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home