Sunday, October 10, 2004

ODE TO A LONELY BLOG.



It’s been brought to my attention, by various people on various continents, that I have not updated my blog during the past week. While I certainly appreciate such diligent monitoring and reporting of my creative shortfalls, I can assure you all that I am well aware of them.

The truth is…I haven’t had any worthwhile ideas this week. Perhaps it’s because the ol’ biorhythms have been on a low ebb recently. We are, after all, in the midst of a change of seasons. Perhaps it’s because I’ve been editing a book on the side, and that project has devoured much of my creative energy lately. Or maybe it’s because my previous Prawnography post was so bloody brilliant that I felt it earned me a week off.

Whatever the reason for my neglect, I resolved that I would not go to bed tonight until I’ve posted something – ANYTHING – on this…my wilting, decaying Virtual Tapas Bar. So I decided to do what other artists do when their reserve tank of creativity runs dry: Revert to cheesy poetry.

ODE TO A LONELY BLOG.

Oh lonely blog
Shoo’d away like a dog
In the fog
By its cruel master Sal.

No new posts in a week
Is like a slap on the cheek
Fresh ideas proved
Too hard to corral.

If only the master
Would publish posts faster
Then all parts of Spain
Would rejoice.

Therefore one point is clear
As we cry in our beer
Sal surely ain’t
Blogville’s James Joyce.
Not this week, at least.
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Bon dia, Marta:

Welcome to blogville. And welcome to the Virtual Tapas Bar. We are glad to have you, because -- to my knowlege -- you are my first Catalan-speaking visitor. By the way, my own daugter is Catalan, in case you've forgotten.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Catalans in Spain are similar to Bostonians in the US: They live in the same country, but sound a bit funny when they talk.

I'm sure that I speak for all web-crawlers when I say that I am anxiously awaiting the first post on your own blog. I tried to link into your blog, but it didn't work. I therefore encourage you to provide your blogsite's exact URL, so that I can start scribbling it in the men's restrooms of all the bars in Cabanillas.

And if I may propose a title, how about "The Cat & Lana" (logo would be a kitten wrapped in a wool blanket) or "The Cat & Luna" (logo would be a kitten sitting on the moon). On second thought, these might be better names of a pub in London.

Anyway, benviguts.
Sal

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Marta? I do like "Cat & Lana" better...Animo Marta!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home