Monday, January 10, 2005

THE COCK NEXT DOOR.



During my parents’ visit to Spain last November, my mother looked out the window and said, “Sal…did you know that your neighbor Jesús has a rooster?” In fact, I didn’t. And in fact, he did!

Jesús named his rooster “Bush”—which, I assume, the rooster finds insulting.

I came face-to-beak with Bush last night, and snapped the above photo. Bush (the one next door, that is) has much in common with his more famous namesake. For example:

- Both have been grounded from flying.

- Both take orders solely and directly from Jesús.

- Both leave a lot of shit behind, then expect others to clean it up.

- Neither have lips.

So much for my earlier promise to keep this blog a politics-free zone.
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger George Thomas Kysor said...

I hope you don't really mind that I copied your *Bush* post with credits & links to your blog. BTW, your blog is great fun!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

I don't mind at all. It's a great compliment. Oh yeah...the free publicity is welcome as well.

And speaking of free publicity, I encourage everyone to take a look at George's blog. The address is http://kysor.blogspot.com/

It has plenty of interesting and funny stuff. I especially liked the "Take your child to work" post. Scroll down far enough, and you'll know it when you see it. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home