Thursday, October 19, 2006

INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE.


My unwavering love for COCONUT may be the strongest in the land; but it’s not exclusive.

COCONUT-fever is, in fact, sweeping through Europe—and signs of the epidemic have now appeared in the south of France.

The photo above is provided courtesy of our new friend and vampiress, Calamity Tat.

You can tell that she (and not I) is responsible, because this COCONUT is (a) female, and (b) flanked by a 150€/ounce bottle of Coco Chanel perfume...rather than a 10€/quart jug of Old Spice.

Impressive, indeed...and a most welcome addition to our ever-expanding COCONUT Hall of Fame. But, you may be wondering, what makes Tat a vampiress?

To the best of my knowledge and belief, she doesn’t drink human blood—although I remain suspicious as to what she uses as a thickener for Coq au Vin.

No...“vampire/vampiress” is my now-official term for any blogger who is too chicken to post a Profile photo.

And in this respect, my sidebar is full of vampires [cough, cough, cough...Trac]—although The Big Finn certainly isn’t one of them. ;-)

So...c’mon vampires! Don’t be a Coq! Grab a glass of Vin, loosen-up...and then go grab that digital camera.

You're all amongst friends. And believe me...none of us are getting any younger, thinner or better-looking.

Except for The Big Finn, of course.

6 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

hahaha, Ok I'm under pressure now you mad american.. I will pop up a profile pic later.. I am not shy just didn't like my last one... me shy????? great post and just remember this lady is a vamp !!

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... I shall have to think about that one! I only really come out at night!?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger christina said...

"And believe me...none of us are getting any younger, thinner or better-looking."

Truer words were never spoken. But at least we can all grow old and fat together.

Coco(nut) Chanel is stunning! She truly deserves a place in the hall of fame.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Well, she writes, using her very best storytellers voice ... I had a profile photo that left its little imprint everywhere I wrote but it messed with my blog template so I had a new profile made with photo BUT it doesn't travel so ... I'm there on my blog but I don't comment with said image. I'm sorry but that's how it is sometimes ... some of us are simply techno-gumbies.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger El Casareño Inglés said...

But that IS me!

Ahem... taken about 7 years ago mind you.

Question. Have you got around to part 2 (the practical bit) of your driving test yet?

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

ECI:

I wish I had as much hair as Coco Chanel. Even seven years ago.

Expatica did a sloppy job of archiving. Part 2 of the driver's license test is here: http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=81&story_id=33493

Has been for a few weeks. Believe it or not, there is little (if any) artistic embellishment in that piece. The testing process was every bit as hideous as I describe.

Sal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home