Thursday, October 28, 2004

VEGGING-OUT WITH A GOOD BOOK.



Congratulations to my brother-in-law, Pablo de Lora, whose book entitled Justicia para los Animales (pictured above) has won the 2004 Fundació Víctor Grífols i Lucas Investigation Award.

The book is a well-researched and well-argued manifesto in support of animal rights. It has been favorably reviewed in many media, including the Spanish daily El Pais.

The award ceremony takes place tonight in Barcelona, and will be followed by cocktails and an open-air pig roast.

Just kidding about the pig roast.
Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Pablo! Will there be a version in English coming out soon? Nina

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Sal, I'm thrilled. Now that I'm in your weblog, my checking account will be fatten like a turkey (ups, sorry turkey). Coming from one the most passionate meat-eaters that I've ever encountered, I appreciate your kind remarks.
Nina, there are so many books on animal issues in english (most of them are very good) that I am afraid you will have to remove the dust from your spanish skills. I promise a copy.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Nina, Translaters Dissociated offers translations at very good price from any language to any other, including urdu. As old friends we translate for you the title of the book "Justice for animals". For more info. do not hesitate to contact us at swp@kerrythebest.es
IT IS a very good book I can assure you.

Laura B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home