Saturday, September 02, 2006

A PHISH, A PUPPY AND A BYRD.

Wow! You guys are good. You correctly guessed seven out of ten songs in the VTB's "Name That Mystery [iPod] Meat" challenge.

I must say that I'm impressed...particularly with our friend Harsh, who likely destroyed all future prospects of picking up chicks by correctly guessing the LazyTown song.

And yes...I *do* have several LazyTown songs on my iPod.

The winner of the contest, however, was The Big Finn. He correctly guessed three songs...and did so despite his exhausting luxury vacation schedule. As for his prize, he wins a closet full of XXL Tommy Bahama shirts which--coincidentally--are already in his closet.

So, what of the three songs that nobody guessed? Here are the answers:

#1. "Chalkdust Torture" by Phish.
[It rocks...but, don't EVEN try to make sense of the lyrics.]

#2. "Hot Smoke and Sassafrass" by Bubble Puppy.
[What?! You've never heard of Bubble Puppy?! Well...that's them pictured above. What?! You've never heard "Hot Smoke and Sassafrass?!" Well...you must (absolutely MUST!) go
HERE and listen for yourself. It's one of my favorite songs. Euro-Trac will love it. Lady Di will hate it. Angie will be both confused and frightened.]

#4. "My Back Pages" by The Byrds.
[...albeit written by Bob Dylan.]

Great job, kiddies!

6 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs Byrds when you've got Puppies anyway!??

That was brilliant! I shall return later on, when I shall no doubt appreciate them even more! :O)

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

Well ... ya know what, it was okay, in fact it had a big nostalgia thing going for it.

The dog farting bubbles was distracting, I confess to that however I could see that ... with a nice red and some good tapas, a little sunshine or late evening warmth ...Hot Smoke and Sassafrass by Bubble Puppy might have a certain charm.

I'm not sure which mood I'd have to be in to listen to it in the Ipod though ...

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Trac said...

Hahahaha... it's now 'later on'
00.32 ETST - Euro-Trac Summer Time.

I must say.... I def appreciate them even more.... :O)

PJ! - Over to you! What d'ya reckon? x

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger The Big Finn said...

Sorry...I'm too exhausted to comment. Oh...I guess I just did!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Di Mackey said...

I have this theory that I'm funnier when you have to piece together what I just said after hearing the New Zealand accent ... sigh, sorry.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Trac said...

Oh... and no one has even mentioned how well dressed and handsome those Bubble Puppy chaps are!??? :O)

and it makes me wonder...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home