Monday, October 23, 2006

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAV-OR-ITE THINGS.



The International Handbook of Bloggers' Etiquette is clear on the matter.

If one blogger publishes a post of astounding cleverness, then another blogger shall direct his readers' attention to the original post by means of a link. He shall NOT steal the clever post and re-publish it for his own selfish purposes.

This rule is especially true when the original blogger has, in fact, dedicated her astoundingly clever post to the other.

[Pause]

Ohhhhhhhhh, screw it!

Over the weekend, our friend Kath published an astoundingly clever video on her Blah, Blah, Blah Blog and dedicated it to me.

Indeed, it is precisely the video that I would've/could've/should've unearthed myself...were I not curled under the bedsheets wallowing in depression thanks to seven miserable days of non-stop rain here in Spain.

I am therefore pleased to re-publish it above for my own selfish purposes. Why? Because it features two of my four favorite things: Michael Palin...and COCONUT!

Lovely plummage, that COCONUT. Norwegian Blue.

7 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arthur approaches an isolated castle guarded by soldiers ( #1 & #2 ) .....

S #1: Where'd you get the coconuts?
A : We found them.
S #1: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
A : What do you mean?
S #1: Well, this is a temperate zone.
A : The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
S #1: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
A : Not at all. They could be carried.
S #1: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
A: It could grip it by the husk!
S #1: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
A: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here.
S #1: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
A: Please!
S #1: Am I right?
A: I'm not interested!
S #2: It could be carried by an African swallow!
S #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.
S #2: Oh, yeah, I agree with that.
A: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?!
S #1: But then of course a-- African swallows are non-migratory.
S #2: Oh, yeah...
S #1: So they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway...

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger christina said...

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead COCONUT.

Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

Mr. Praline: STUNNED?!?

Owner: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.


(Never miss an opportunity to mangle the Dead Parrot Sketch!)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Christina:

"Mangle?!" Dear, woman. I believe that you've just improved that which was previously believed to be unimprovable.

[Sorry...but I just can't take you seriously anymore after those brat photos.]

Sal

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kath said...

I feel like a kid that got a gold star from the teacher. Thank you, Sir. :-)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Kath said...

BTW, 'Anonymous said..' The Holy Grail is possibly the best movie in the world - ever! Hey Sal, that's what you should have in the DVD player when the rain in Spain falls mainly over your house...

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Sal DeTraglia said...

Kurt: You're close. Life at the VTB is probably closer to THIS.

Kath: I'm taking your gold star away because...my tummy hurts. And it's all your fault.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger CanadianSwiss said...

From the Holy Grail to the Parrot sketch to My Fair Lady! Wow! I'm impressed by what you can get out of your readers, Sal! BTW, loved the clip, so I'll thank Kath for that ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home